Things you may not know about this Mexican holiday
1. Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day.
2. Cinco de Mayo celebrates a Mexican victory over the French military.
3. Cinco de Mayo is not celebrated to a great extent in Mexico.
4. In Mexico the largest celebration of Cinco de Mayo takes place in Puebla.
5. The world’s largest Cinco de Mayo celebration takes place in Los Angeles.
Read more about how Cinco de Mayo celebrations in Los Angeles, and why Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more in the U.S. than in Mexico.